Top 3 Factors to Consider When Buying Entry Doors
Top 3 factors to consider when buying entry doors from Master’s Home Solutions. Entry doors are probably the overlooked yet the most important components of a home. They have a huge impact on the energy efficiency, visual appearance, and overall value of your home. In fact, they are one of the first things in your home that your visitors will notice and the condition of your entry doors creates your first impression on them. When it comes to choosing the right entry doors for your home, keep in mind the top 3 factors to consider when buying entry doors that are listed below.
Entry doors are available in a myriad of material options. Selecting the right doors for your home is very crucial because you will have to live with them for a long period of time. With Master’s Home Solutions top 3 factors to consider when buying entry doors, you will have peace of mind. Let’s take a look at some of the popular options.
● Wood: Wood is a classic and elegant option for homes. Entry doors made of wood are sturdy and long-lasting. On the downside, in absence of proper maintenance, they can be susceptible to warping and rotting over time.
● Fiberglass: For homeowners, who are searching for budget-friendly options but don’t want to compromise on durability, fiberglass entry doors are a good investment. Fiberglass doors are also great for insulating your home. Most importantly, they are very easy to maintain.
● Steel: If you’re looking for exceptional durability, steel doors are unbeatable. They are resistant to all common issues including warping, cracking, and fires. The only disadvantage of steel doors is that they are prone to rusting especially when they’re not well maintained.
Add Your Heading Text Here
Add Your Heading Text Here
2. Keep an Eye Out For Common Defects
As a responsible homeowner, you should be able to notice the warning signs when you need a door replacement. The presence of dents and rust are some of the indicators of worn-out and unsafe doors that need to be replaced immediately. If left unchecked, these defects can damage the structural integrity of your doors that can compromise the safety and security of your home. If you want to extend the lifespan of your doors, make sure to fix all the issues with your doors as soon as possible. By using our top 3 factors to consider when buying entry doors, you will be able to make this choice with peace of mine.
The Winter season, in particular, brings with it a myriad of issues when it comes to doors. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the door Issues you’re likely to encounter in the colder months.
● Worn-out weatherstripping – One of the key components of a door is its weatherstripping as it protects your home from drafts. In case of damaged weatherstripping, you may start experiencing drafts or a surge in your electricity bills in winter. In such cases, get in touch with professionals as soon as possible to get new weatherstripping.
● Icy locks –If your area receives heavy ice or snow during winter, the freezing cold weather can weaken the security of your home as it can make your locks freeze and difficult to operate. Fortunately, there are some easy solutions to these winter problems. For instance, you can heat up your keys to melt the ice in your door locks. Alternatively, you can remove ice from your locks by using a lock de-icer.
● Loose screws – Cold weather can cause your door screws to come loose because of excess humidity or extreme change in temperature. As a result, your doors can sag and don’t fit properly into the frame. To avoid further issues, make sure to tighten these screws immediately.
● Fading – The winter season is often characterized by damp and cold weather that can deteriorate the appearance of your doors by fading their color. If you think that your doors are losing their original appeal, contact professionals to apply some good treatments to protect your doors from moisture.
3. Choose the Right Professionals
The skills and experience of your chosen professionals could mean the difference between well-installed doors for foolproof security and doors that are riddled with recurring problems. So, make sure to conduct proper research before picking an expert installer for your entry doors. You can refer back to our top 3 factors to consider when buying entry doors if you need more information.
At Master’s Home Solutions, we have helped thousands of homeowners like you across Lehigh Valley. We specialize in a variety of home improvement services. Contact our experts at 610-890-3162 and get started with your FREE consultation today.