Clad Window Design and Features
Clad Window Design and Features from Master’s Home Solutions. Clad windows are a combination of two different types of glass, with the outer pieces being a strong, energy-efficient glass. The inner pieces can be made from several different materials, which have various levels of insulation and safety. This type of window is created by sandwiching a thin layer of real wood veneer between two sheets of composite material.
The term “cladding” is used because the additional materials resemble a frame or cladding around the original window. Cladding is installed over the window’s exterior frame to protect it from moisture, insects, rot, and sun damage. It also acts as a barrier between the wooden frame and the wood used in the interior of the window which helps lessen the maintenance and repair of the windows.
Today, there are a wide array of products of clad windows available on the market:
● Wood Clad Windows: Wood-clad windows are the highest-quality products and most expensive because it takes more time and effort to make them. While they look like conventional wooden windows from the outside, they are composed of three layers: a vinyl window unit that carries the glass and operates like any modern window; a wood-filled polystyrene core; and a thin face of real wood veneer on the exterior.
● Aluminum Clad Windows: Aluminum clad windows feature interior frames that are made out of wood or metal, with an aluminum exterior frame. This type of window has become increasingly popular over the last few years because it is much more affordable than other types of modern windows available today.
Aluminum clad windows offer great insulating capabilities, especially when compared to single pane glass windows, but they do require more maintenance than other types of clad windows due to the aluminum exterior.
● Vinyl Clad Windows: Vinyl-clad windows are constructed using a wooden structural frame as the inner core and then vinyl is applied to the exterior of the frame. Vinyl-clad windows are a popular choice among homeowners because they offer a lot of benefits at an affordable price point. These vinyl replacement windows require little maintenance and can be painted or stained to match your home’s exterior design theme.
The material is also lightweight and easy to repair if necessary.
Clad windows can have a lot of benefits over other types of windows. These extra features include:
● Energy-efficiency: Clad windows are often the best choice for homeowners who are trying to save money on energy bills. The extra pane of glass can make a significant difference in keeping your home comfortable without using as much energy because they have a better seal than a regular window. This keeps air from getting into the home through cracks in the window, which can save you money each month on your utility bill.
● Durability: Clad windows are made with very strong materials, so they can withstand more damage than other options on the market. They are great for areas that receive high levels of UV rays and extreme weather conditions because they can withstand damage from sunlight and wind.
● Cost Efficiency: Clad windows are typically less expensive than other types of windows. In fact, they can be up to 50 percent less expensive. This makes them a great option for homeowners looking to save money on their renovation project or new construction project.
● Security: Burglary and theft has increased in recent years, and this has led many people to invest in security features for their homes and offices. Clad windows offer great security benefits that keep intruders out and keep your valuables secured inside. Many types of glazing can be broken into relatively easily, but it is much harder to break into a properly installed clad window.
● Versatility: Clad windows are extremely versatile. They are available in many different styles and colors, which makes it easy to find something that matches the architectural style of your home.
● Easy to Clean: Clad windows have an inside and outside pane which makes them easy to clean since it is possible for people to reach either side or use a squeegee from the outside. This is not the case for some other types of windows such as those with grids or multiple panes where there is no way to reach the inside.
Need a clad window repair or replacement? Call the Master’s!
Clad windows are stronger than other window products, but even these are not immune to damage. Over the course of their lifetime, clad windows might have a variety of problems that require repairs or replacement. Some of the common issues with clad windows are loose parts, cracks, broken glass, stuck open/stuck closed windows, and leaky windows.
To avoid any of these common problems, you can contact Master’s Home Solutions for expert residential window installation services. We will repair your damaged clad windows and make them as good as new. If the damage is beyond repair, we will install your clad window replacement. Our professional replacement window installers will be there every step of the way to ensure that your window is properly repaired or replaced.
Here at Master’s Home Solutions, your local replacement window company, we are committed to providing top‐notch customer service so that you have the best possible experience with us. When you choose us for your Clad Window Repair and Replacement in Lehigh Valley PA needs, know that you can trust us to get the job done right with the quality of the work our guys will perform! We have developed a state-of-the-art process that will assure you that your new replacement or repair clad windows installed by your neighborhood professionals will perform as promised and look great for many years to come.
If you want the best value and window installation services for your money, give our networks of service professionals a call today at 610-890-3031.