The Ways to Know Your Home Needs Siding Replacement with Master’s Home Solutions. The siding on your home does more than just improve how your house looks. It also protects your home from severe weather and keeps your structural integrity safe from damaging elements. Keeping your siding intact and working as it should is important. Knowing when you need to replace it can be somewhat tricky, however.
How can you tell if your siding is no longer doing its job? How can you determine if your siding needs replacement? Here are the ways to know your home needs siding replacement:
• You notice cracks and holes in the siding – One of the ways to know your home needs siding replacement is when your siding is showing telltale signs of wear and tear, such as holes and cracks that allow moisture to seep into your home, it’s definitely time to consider replacing it.
• Your heating and cooling bills are higher than normal – If you have not changed your heating & cooling habits but have noticed spikes in your energy consumption, there is a possibility your siding is to blame. If your siding is damaged, it can leak out hot or cool air, making your HVAC system work twice as hard to keep your home comfortable. This means higher energy bills because your house is no longer retaining warm or cool air effectively.
• You need to paint your home every couple of years – When you feel the need to paint your home every few years, this means your siding needs replacement. Great quality siding retains its color and looks good for at least 10 years. If you find that you are spending a lot of money keeping your house looking clean and presentable by painting your siding every few years, it might be more cost-effective to replace the siding instead.
• Your siding is rotting and warped – Physical signs of wear and tear is a good indicator that your siding needs to be replaced. Not only will such a replacement make your home look better, but it will also address issues related to high energy and increased humidity in your home.
• Moisture and Algae – Some other ways to know your home needs siding replacement is that mold can appear as a white or grey powder with tiny black specks on your home’s siding. Mold grows beneath your home’s siding. It can harm your siding and home’s exterior. Algae grow on the moist siding. Siding discoloration in black, brown, or green. This can indicate surface algae growth. Regularly power-wash your siding to avoid algae buildup.
Algae on wood siding may indicate a more excellent issue spreading behind the boards. Your siding may have accumulated dampness. This can cause rot as the moisture penetrates your siding. Check your home’s interior as well. If your siding is molded and wet, the problem might spread to your home’s internal walls. Look for sagging walls. Moisture penetrating indicators can be modest. Window condensation is expected. If you suspect internal dampness, have a contractor test your home.
You can also check Mold and mildew protection on vinyl siding non-invasively. Many people mistake vinyl siding for waterproofing. While vinyl siding keeps water out, it is not watertight. Between your siding and your home is a waterproof barrier. You didn’t often utilize this barrier before 2000. If you installed your home’s siding before 2000, it might be time to replace it and add a waterproof barrier. Contact Master’s Home Solutions today to know the ways your home needs siding replacement.
When you need to replace your home’s siding in Eastern PA and Western NJ, the company to call is Master’s Home Solutions. We have the trained and certified personnel to help you with your siding replacement needs. As a remodeling company with decades of experience, we can guarantee the quality of our work. Aside from replacing your siding, we also specialize in replacement windows, replacement doors, and bathroom solutions for your varying needs. With our ways to know your home needs siding replacement, call Master’s Home Solutions today!
When you need siding replacement services, contact Master’s Home Solutions online or give us a call at 610-890-3060 to get a free estimate for your home’s renovation and remodeling needs in Bethlehem, Allentown, Flemington, or anywhere in Leigh Valley, PA.