Up to 18 Months, 0% interest, No payments on all projects
Know When It Is Time to Replace Your Homes Windows
Know When It Is Time to Replace Your Homes Windows with Master’s Home Solutions. Windows are built to last a long time, but they still have a life-span. While most windows are designed to last for at least a decade, some need to be replaced more frequently. Several factors come into play when it comes to the longevity of windows, including the environment, the level of maintenance, and the quality of the window.
Do you know when it is time to replace your homes windows? Here are some signs that may indicate that it is time for you to do so:
• Your energy costs are higher – If your utility bills are rising for no apparent reason, you might have windows that are letting conditioned air escape to the outside. Drafty windows will increase your energy costs considerably. This is one way to know when it is time to replace your homes windows.
• You hear more noises from the outside – When noises from the outside are louder than they used to be, it might be time for you to replace your windows. You might want to consider upgrading to a double-pane window to increase the sound-proofing of your home.
• Your frames are warped or damaged – When the frames are showing signs of wear and tear, you know it is time for an upgrade. Damaged windows will not only make your house look old and decayed, it will cause your home to become less energy-efficient.
• Your windows are harder to open and close – When windows are damaged and need replacement, they are usually difficult to open and close because the integrity of the window has been compromised. This will make it stick when you try to open or close it.
• Your windows do not stop moisture — Moisture that enters your home leads to wood rot, mold, and other issues that undermine comfort and structural integrity. If your windows no longer provide a waterproof barrier between the indoors and outside, pursue an immediate repair or replacement.
• Paint Chipping – It’s time to replace your windows if they don’t hold a coat of paint anymore. Water is likely getting past seals and gaskets and into painted components, allowing the color to fail from inside.
Your windows and doors will lose their efficiency over time. Weather-stripping wears out, seals fail, and parts become brittle and break. When it’s time to replace them, how do you know when it’s time? Some indications are more subtle, such as cracked glass, draughty rooms, or difficulty opening and closing doors.
• Smells Musty – A home’s ability to keep water out might be compromised by poorly performed and placed windows and doors. And where there’s water, there’s usually mold, which can be dangerous to your health, especially if you’re allergic to mold. Mold can sometimes be seen, but it can also develop inside your walls, leaving only a musty/moldy odor as a sign. A window professional can assess the situation and tell you if your windows and doors are contributing to the problem by using technologies such as moisture meters and infrared cameras.
• Creepy curtains – The cause of moving curtains even while the window is closed could be the restless spirit of a departed soul, although a draughty window is more plausible. Air intrusion occurs for a variety of reasons. It’s possible that the window’s seals and gaskets have reached their limit or that the fitted window incorrectly in the first place. The draught is coming through the space between the window and the wall rather than through the window itself. If that’s the case, you should know when it is time to replace your homes windows. Consider an entire replacement windows rather than inserts so that the installer can correctly insulate around your replacement windows.
Install New Windows for a Beautiful Home
To know when it is time to replace your homes windows, Master’s Home Solutions has a long list of replacement windows that will beautify your home and make it more energy-efficient and comfortable. Don’t continue to suffer the consequences of old windows that you can easily replace. Contact us online or give us a call at 610-890-3060 to get a free estimate. Master’s Home Solutions serves customers in Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey.